Mullein Oil (Mother Tincture)
Tincture of fresh plant at the commencement of flowering.
Common Name: Great Mullein, Verbascum thapsus
Causes & Symptoms for Mullein
- It is useful in inflammation in the skin or internal parts of the nose, mouth, or throat.
- Mullein oil is applied directly to the skin to help treat burns or inflammatory skin conditions.
- Mullein oil is also used in ear drops for ear infections.
- It also soothes the respiratory tract.
- It is useful in lachrymation, coryza, talking, sneezing, and change of temperature aggravate the pains.
- Dry, scaly condition of meatus, teasing cough at night or lying down is relieved with Mullein.
Eyes, ear, nose
Tearing, stitching pain above left ear, downward and inward, outer ear numb, dullness of hearing left side, heavy pressure in vertex.
Stomach and abdomen
Pain extends deep down in abdomen is an indication of Mullein.
Stool and Anus
Hemorrhoids, with obstructed, hardened stool. Inflammed and painful piles, remedy for piles.
Mullein is a better application for itching hemorrhoids.
Burning urination. Increase with pressure in bladder.
Neuralgic pain in left ankle, stiffness and soreness of joints of lower extremities.
Worse, change of temperature, talking, sneezing.
Neuralgic pains of very great intensity, pressing and lancinating, and especially in the facial bones, navel, and limbs, and a peculiar cough.
Side effects of Mullein
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Mullein
Take 10 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Mullein
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.