The main active constituent in Rauwolfia Serpentina is Reserpine, which is well-known for its antipsychotic and antihypertensive action.
Uses of Rauwolfia Serpentina
- Associated symptoms of Blood pressure like irregular beats, increased emotional excitability.
- Rauwolfia serpentina helps to treat several types of mental disorders with aggression, crying, running, beating and sleeplessness.
Common symptoms of Rauwolfia Serpentina
- Confusion, ear noise or buzzing, fatigue, non specific headache.It also acts as a sedative
- Blurring, sensation of heat to touch ears.
- Nose congestion and dryness, sneezing open air.
- Rauwolfia serpentina is used in fungal infections and also for worm infestation.
Important Indicated symptom of Rauwolfia Serpentina
- Irregular heartbeat, nosebleed and vision changes, Irritability and restlessness.
- Rauwolfia serpentina is useful for lowering and managing the blood pressure.
- Reserpine present in Rauwolfia removes the store of noradrenaline from artery walls which relaxes the blood vessels which makes the blood flow more easily slowering the heart rate leading to reduction of blood pressure.
- It helps to induce sleep. Helps in complaints of sleeplessness.
It is safe to take the tablets even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc. Homeopathic medicines do not interfere with the action of other medicines. It is safe and without any side effects.
Dosage of Rauwolfia Serpentina
Put tablets into mouth and allow them to dissolve under the tongue.
Adults and adolescents (12 years and older) 2 tablets, two times daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
In chronic affections one to two doses daily.
Lower the dose as symptoms improve. If complaints are not relieved, consult a specialist.
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.