Uses Of Belladonna
- Inflammations of all the organs, especially the brain, lungs, and liver, attended with violent heat.
- Inflammations that make skin red and shiny, red spots over inflammed area.
- Belladonna is a great Children Remedy, wherein convulsive conditions are treated well.
- Indicated for Sunstroke, Air sickness in aviators.
- Females use Belladonna to treat breast infections, urinary bladder infections, menstrual cramps, and irritated nipples due to breast feeding.
- Belladonna works in disorders of heart, blood vessels, lungs as well as nervous system. It calms the activity of nervous system.
- It has sudden and violent symptoms that subside suddenly.
Common symptoms of Belladonna
- Swelling of glands in general with pain, and redness and heat on touch is the indication of belladonna.
- Tonsillitis with headache and severe sensitivity to touch, pain pressure.
- Belladonna is prescribed for people enduring severe pain, inflammation or any infection, especially on the upper part of the respiratory tract
- High Body Temperature and symptoms related to flu.
- Desire to sleep but cannot, sleeplessness. (insomnia)
- Cold hands or feet (though the rest of the body, particularly the face, feels hot)
Important indicated symptoms of Belladonna
- Heat, redness, Burning with swelling is marked feature of Belladonna.
- Sensitive to touch, pains that cause discomfort, great pain remedy, Pain that travel downwards.
- Headaches with congestion of brain, Sinus headache, Migraines with violent pains.
- Fear of dogs and animals.
- Glandular Swelling associated with redness of skin and full throbbing pulse.
- Children who are suffering from teething pains, children who have problem in speech, unable to comprehend and talk, belladonna gives good results.
- Menstrual flow that is very heavy and painful for the individual suffering from it. The blood may even be hot as it flows, and it is often clotted or bright red in color.
Cause for the complaints
Injuries to the head, Disappointment, unfulfilled dreams, Overheating or sudden exposure to cold.
cold, motion, touch, lying down, afternoon
Sitting upright, erect, hard pressure, warmth
Reactions with Belladonna
It is safe to take the tablets even if you are on other mode of treatment like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc. Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines. It is safe and has no side effects.
Dosage of Belladonna
- Put tablets into mouth and allow them to dissolve under the tongue.
- Adults and adolescents (12 years and older)2 to 4 tablets,four times daily, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
- Children (under 12 years)2 tablets twice a day.
- In acute cases- a dose every hour or two.
- In severe, painful affections a dose every ten to fifteen minutes.
- In chronic affections one to four doses daily.
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of treatment.