Areca Catechu(Mother Tincture)
Trituration of the nut, and trituration and solutions of the alkaloids are used to make the medicine.
Common Name: Betel Nut
Causes & Symptoms for Areca Catechu
- It is a useful anti helminthic, helps in animals as well in infection.
- It is being used to eliminate tape-worm, hook-worm
- Areca Catechu is used to cause contraction of the pupil.
- The action is for sweetening the breath and hardening the gums.
- It promotes the contractibility of the intestines.
- Action of the medicine on salivary glands leading to salivation is seen in the effect of remedy.
- Areca Catechu is used in dermatosis, dropsy, hepatosis and insomnia.
- The regulatory effects on blood glucose and lipids helps to promote amplitude of pulsations of the heart.
- It improves skin hydration, the skin elasticity, and skin wrinkles.
- Areca Catechu is a mild stimulant for the Central Nerve System.
Side effects of Areca Catechu
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Areca Catechu
Take 10 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Areca Catechu
Mother tincture raises the heart rate and blood pressure; hence to be used carefully.
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.