Tincture of whole plant when in flower is used to make the medicine.
Common Name: Cincus benedictus, Centaurea benedicta.
Causes & Symptoms for Carduus Benedictus
- Burning is a symptom which runs through the remedy.
- Bitter burning in the stomach, as if it were much deranged, burning in hands after sweat, burning in the arms on exerting them.
- Dysphagia, yawning and hiccough, cutting pains in abdomen, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Aching and cracking in joints,cutting pain, slight swelling of veins is relieved with Carduus Benedictus.
- The sensation of contraction which occurs in many parts indicates Carduus Benedictus.
- Breathes quickly, must draw in air with an effort
Mind and Head
Fear, startling at ever noise, frequently breaking into cold sweat.
Pressure in occiput from crown, for several days pressure on eyeball as if it would come out.
Eyes, ear, nose
Twitchings, and disturbance of vision, flickerings, in the eyes specially the left is relieved with Carduus Benedictus.
Ringing in ears.
Mouth and Throat
Constant overflow of saliva.
Pain and contractive sensation in the trachea with hoarseness indicates Carduus Benedictus
Stomach and abdomen
Appetite bad, nausea with Constant yawning and hiccough.
Pains in all the bones, especially when the limbs have been stretched. Trembling of hands.
Sweat followed by burning heat in hands.
Small red spots on the finger, lasting several days, followed by a yellow spot lasting a long time.
Burning under skin on face, afterwards in other parts of body.
Side effects of Carduus Benedictus
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking Carduus Benedictus
Take 10 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Precautions while taking Carduus Benedictus
Always keep a gap of 15 minutes before or after meals when you take medicine.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a homeopathic practitioner before use.
Avoid eating tobacco or drinking alcohol during the course of medication.